Monday, February 11, 2013

Colorful Filbert Cookie for Shlach Monos

Soooo here's my shalach monos for this year. I'm very excited.

First I bought these boxes and organza bags at Toys 4 U.




Then I baked these cookies. Here they are raw, then baked.






I have to sprinkle them with chocolate. Then I'll put a few cookies in a bag, pink M&Ms or candies in the other bag, a bottle of liquer and a chocolate of some kind, tie the bag, and voila, we have easy peasy shlach monos! I baked a batch of cookies in 2 hours and i'm DONZO!!!!! bh.



These cookies are super easy to make. You can make them in four different colors and have a colorful shlach monos. Super easy peasy.

Here's the recipe:

4 sticks margarine
4 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups ground filberts
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 vanilla sugar

Roast the filberts in the oven for 15 minutes at 350.

Whip margarine with beaters well. Will become very pale yellow.

Add flour slowly, 1 cup at a time.

Add rest of ingredients and mix well.

Now, decide which and how many colors you would like.

You can make them

1) the original color - leave as is.
2) one particular color - put in 3/4 capful coloring of your choice.

To make them three colors, divide the batter in three. Pour in a little less than 1/4 capful of the coloring of your choice. Use red food coloring for pink cookies, green for green, etc. For brown cookies, add 2 tbsp melted baking chocolate. Mix very well with desired color. Wash bowl between colors if you dont want the colors to cross over.

Form nickel sized balls on a cookie sheet. bake for 17-20 minutes at 350 (17 was enough for me). The yield is approx 200 cookies - I made it in 4 cookie sheets. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.

שמחת פורים!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I like cookies. I often eat them in the afternoon after my lunch. I love taking it with a hot cup of coffee. It's awesome! Thank you Dovi for sharing the recipe for this cookie. I'll try to make it someday.

    Regards,
    Finn Felton
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's perfect for snack and dessert, Mine I used cinnamon and chocolate chips to flavor my cookie and it turned out great. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...