Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pastrami Knishes

Chanukah is over - time to think about Purim already!

Just kidding.

But seriously, the following recipe was a shalach monos staple for me for many years. I would make this for my parents and/or my in-laws. For parents/in-laws, people tend to make something that can be eaten at the seudah. This is super easy and can be frozen ahead of time.

I don't know why the recipe is in ounces. If someone knows how to convert ounces into teaspoons and tablespoons please let me know.

PASTRAMI KNISHES

4 oz. mayo
3 oz. mustard
3/4 pound pastrami, cut in small strips
1/2 jar sauerkraut, drained
1 large onion, sauteed in oil until soft

Combine the ingredients and place a spoonful on a flaky dough square. Pinch the corners to make a triangle, or any turnover/knish shape of your choice. Brush dough squares with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes - leave a little longer if you want them browner, but I think 25 minutes is enough.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. A tablespoon is half an ounce, and three teaspoons is a tablespoon. 4 oz mayo is half a cup and 3 ounces mustard is 6 tablespoons or a little more than a third of a cup.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...