Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sauteed Liver in sauce

I can't believe I haven't posted a single recipe since Sunday. what happened to my plan to type up all my recipes? I even have an awesome new wireless printer which I bought on ebay. But somehow life keeps getting in the way. With New Years Day and Dovi home, and lots of running around to appointments and things, I haven't been cooking and haven't looked at my recipe box.

In addition my cleaning help didn't show up this week. When my house is in disarray, my mind does not function either. I got away this week with murder, supper wise. Sunday was the paprikash I posted that day. Monday we had sheva brachos. Tuesday I ordered from Grill on Lee. Yesterday was pizza wraps. And tonight was simple ibbergetzoigen fleish. Or schnitzel. Or Southern Fried Chicken if you want to be fancy. But I made something else, on the spur of the moment - I made sauteed liver lkovod Shabbos. And because I know my husband loves it.

It's hard to get that delicious, saucey liver with onions right. I had several trial-and-error recipes until I got this one from my mother. It takes a little care, but the end result is delicious.

1 onion, cut in half moon slices. Sautee in oil. Add paprika. Stir. When slightly golden add flour. Let brown a bit. Cut the livers into smaller pieces. Add to pot, stir, let cook for a short while. Add boiling water and salt and let water cook down a little until becomes nice and saucey. Liver doesnt have to cook very long since it's already broiled, which means it's already half cooked.

Hearty Appetite Lkovod Shabbos!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds very good. Do you think it would work with frozen livers? That's all I can get where I live and since the texture of defrosted liver is really unpleasant, all I ever make with it is chopped liver.

    Or maybe it would work with beef liver? That I can get fresh. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The onions and sautee wont really take away the texture of the liver but it might flavor it enough so you wont feel the texture.... I donno, give it a try.

      Delete
  2. Please write amount of water and flour

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...